Lois Randall is an Arts Manager and Screen Producer with over 20 years of industry experience working at national, state and regional levels.
In 2010 she established Lois Randall Creative Consulting as a suit case consultancy service through which she provides business, strategy and policy solutions for government, industry and community in the arts and screen sectors.
A big picture creative thinker grounded by industry experience and market knowledge, Lois offers particular expertise in regional arts development, Indigenous arts development, arts and screen industry policy, development and management, cultural infrastructure development and cultural programs.
Services & Specialist Skills
- Industry research, strategy and expert reviews
- Business planning
- Cultural planning and policy
- Creative concept development
- Copy writing and editing reports, submissions and publications
As lead consultant Lois maintains professional partnerships with business and marketing consultants, designers and other associated professionals allowing her to bring together the right team for different projects.
The Gods of Wheat Street
6 x 1 hour drama series broadcast ABC TV April 2014, written by Jon Bell, an Every Cloud Production, commissioned by Indigenous department ABC
Arts Northern Rivers
CEO/Regional Arts Development Officer
2003 – 2010
Founding CEO, developed first regional Creative Industries Strategy in NSW, employed first Indigenous Arts Development Officer in NSW.
Australian Screen Directors Association -
1993 - 1996
Managed national association (now Australian Directors Guild), tripled members, established Directors’ Collecting Society (ASDACS).
Communications Law Centre, UNSW
Policy Advisor - Research and policy development
1992 – 1993
Australian content regulation and the impact of self-regulation under the Broadcasting Services Act 1992
Metro Television Ltd
1986 – 198
Management of production facilities and studio , managed first community television test broadcasts on Channel 31.
Master of Arts (New Media), College of Fine Arts, UNSW, 1996
BA (Communications), UTS, video production and political studies, 1985
Intermediate Television, Australian Film Television & Radio School 1986
- Screen NSW Film and Television Industry Advisory Committee - appointed 2014
- Northern Rivers Screenworks – elected Chair of Board 2011
- Arts NSW Arts Funding Program – panel member 2009 - 2011
- Lismore City Council – Public Art Reference Group member 2010 - 2011
- Screen Producers Association of Australia - member since 2010
- Arts NSW Capital Infrastructure program – panel member 2005 – 2007
- North Coast Institute of TAFE Council member - 2006 – 2007
- NSW Dept Premier - North Coast RCMG – member 2005 – 2007
English and Portuguese
Lois also has extensive experience in screen production, and has recently established her own production company Magpie Pictures.
For more information go to: www.magpiepictures.net.au